The Me-210 was developed to replace the Me-110 Zerstörer as a heavy fighter and ground-support plane. Dogged with early problems, the revised plane was renamed Me-410 (Hornisse, Hornet), apparently in an effort to distance it from the early flying problems.
Since the Me-210 and Me-410 were used primarily in areas under German control, examples only became available for Allied analysis relatively late in the war.
- "Messerschmitt 210" [ HTML ] describes the plane and illustrates some of the installations.
- "Messerschmitt Me-210A-1" [ HTML ] is an introduction to the (then) newly-released fighter.
- A news clip in November, 1943, [ HTML ] introduces the Me-410,
- A news clip in January, 1944, [ HTML ] gives a bit more data on the Me-410.
- "Luftwaffe Loser" [ HTML ], a news clip from April, 1944 [ HTML ], shows a photo of a downed Me-410 and has further information on the plane.